I'm not sure about you, but I have a huge bookmark folder in Chrome called 'Useful Tools', and I thought I'd share some of my favourites here, along with some of the best guides I've read, the ones I return to over and over. Most are free, and I've highlighted those that aren't - I'm not involved in any sort of affiliate linking:
- Guide to ad sizes - Google's top recommended ad formats for running Display Network campaigns
- Campaign url builder - Google's tool for compiling properly formatted UTM tracking
- Adjelly - The ultimate social & digital ad size guide
- Adwords Data Studio Template Report - Google Data Studio is an amazing product, and this is a great template to get you off to a flying start reporting on AdWords campaigns
- Supermetrics data connectors - Following on from the above, Supermetrics can help connect data sources to help you utilise Google Data Studio for an entire campaign, most usefully with Facebook Ads, MailChimp, Bing Ads, LinkedIn Ads an much more
- Flat Icon - Free icon png/vectors, great for presentations/proposals or just about anything really!
- Instant Logo Search - Search & download thousands of logos instantly
- Landscape - Streamlined Image Resizing for Social Media
- Test My Site - Get a quick and clear report from Google on how fast and well optimised your website is
- Image Text Check - Check how much your Facebook campaign reach will be restricted if you have text over your images
- YouGov Profiler - Enter your brand to see what kind of person is visiting your domain
- Keepvid - Download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook. For presentations, video decks, content research and NOTHING ELSE!
- Pexels - Royalty free, hi-res imagery. I couldn't live without Pexels for my proposal decks. Most of this site was made with Pexels!
- Promo - A digital video service that fuses premium stock footage, licensed music and a copy editor to create instant promotional videos. There's a free trial, but if you're aware of how much impact video has on social reach, the $99/month for 4 videos/month seems well worth it
- Know Your Meme - Not a tool as such, but using a meme out of context in the digital word is career suicide!
- Campsite.bio - Helps solve the problem of only having one link from your page's Instagram bio. Provides a mini splash page that is incredibly easy to set-up
- PixelMe - URL shortener for savvy marketers. Serve specific ads on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & AdWords to everyone who clicked on a link. Free 7 day trial, from $10/month thereafter
- Fastory - Like Canva for Snapchat/Instagram Stories. It’s an online graphics editor that allows you to create animated or static stories easily. Free with watermarks
- The Lazy Writer’s Guide to 30-Minute Keyword Research
- 47 Social Media Statistics to Bookmark for 2017
- Best Email Marketing Services Comparison
- What's the Ideal Length for Social Media and Web Content? (one day someone will ask you this daft question, direct them here and get on with your real job)
- How to Build a Dashboard with Google Data Studio
- The 20-Minute PPC Work Week
- Awesome Screenshot - Capture your browser, or better yet, record your screen
- Ghostery - See what web trackers are active on different sites, or check your own trackers are working
- Facebook Pixel Helper - See which pixels are firing and on what pages as you're browsing, also find the actual pixel IDs
- SimilarWeb - See real in-depth website engagement, traffic sources, and site ranking information; essentially a mini Google Analytics report on any site you're browsing
- WhatFont - Great for finding out which fonts are being used on a web page, inspect web fonts by just hovering on them